From the AT to the Pacific Crest Trail, Darn Tough's "1466" Hiker raised the bar on what the ultimate hiking sock needs to deliver. Each year we hear from countless thru-hikers that this rugged sock is the only option that truly takes on the rigors of the trail. Discover the trail legend for yourself.
* Men's micro crew socks average 8.5 in. from heel to cuff - expect them to show about 6 in. above a low hiking shoe or just above a standard hiking boot.
* A performance fit means no slipping, no bunching, no blisters for peak hiking comfort.
* Our 1466 is one iconic sock. We've made improvements along the way, because that's what we do, but you can't argue with a classic.
* Reinforced footbed and Achilles cushion improves the comfort of our socks and helps them last longer.
* Merino Wool is at home on the trail, naturally moving moisture to keep feet fresh and dry in all weather.
* Our all-season weight, midweight socks thermoregulate to wrap feet in steady comfort when temperatures change.
* The "still" in Still Made in Vermont, USA is personal. We knit all our socks at our VT-based Mills - we can't imagine it any other way.
* Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life - if these aren't the longest lasting socks you've ever owned, return them for another pair.
Height: Micro Crew
Pair with: Hiking shoes, trail runners, fresh mountain air
*Performance Fit: No slipping, no bunching, and no blisters.
*Fine Gauge Knitting: Unprecedented durability and our unique "put it on, forget it's on" feel.
*Fast Action Wicking: Pulls moisture away from skin. Fast drying.
*All Weather Performance: Cool in the summer, warm in the winter.
*Naturally Antimicrobial: Repels bacteria and odor.
*Guaranteed For Life: No strings. No conditions. For life.
*Merino Wool: The ultimate fiber for breathability and comfort in all conditions.
*True Seamless: Undetectable seam fusion for an ultra smooth, invisible feel.